Pages

Monday, December 5, 2016

Master Chef Pinoy Edition


Happy Tuesday family!

Happy Tuesday Family!

Happy Transfer week as well! I am losing my companion:( Sister Healey is transferring from Catbalogan. She will be missed. I find out later who my new companion is and will receive her tomorrow at Grand Tours - the van place. Changes are not always fun at first, but I'm looking forward to it all the same. This next cycle is going to be really fun, especially with all the Christmas activities going on:)

We had Specialized Training this week in Tacloban with just the sisters in the mission. The Elders' training will be held on a different day. This was a training unlike any other. Sister Maurer called it, "Master Chef Pinoy Edition"....we got to cook!!! We were all put into groups and given a shopping list and some money and sent to the grocery store and the wet markets. The goal was to get back as fast as you could with everything on the list and the least amount of money being spent. We came back together with our team afterward and cooked up some of the most delicious things I've ever eaten - chopsuey, chiken fried rice, and banana turon. And what do you know, guess which group won the prize for Most Delicious.........wooooo! We did. I'm ready for marriage. Hahaha jokes. I'm gonna go home only knowing how to cook Philippino food haha. 

We had a great FHE activity that Sister Healey and I planned. The Branch got together and had a great time. At one moment, all of a sudden all the nanays and tatays were having a dance off! Hahaha! It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. Love Catbalogan:)

I got to go on exchanges this week with some pretty great sister missionaries and work in our area to evaluate them and see how their doing in their callings and also learn from them as well. I love going on exchanges. It's so fun getting to know the sisters. I learned something this week that I would like to share with all of you. I heard a statistic the other day that each day, on average a child hears close to 350 negative comments, and only 40 positive comments. There was a talk I heard from John BytheWay this week as well on 'praising more'. Everyone needs a little praise in their lives. A compliment. Recognition. We all can remember things people have said to us over the years in that aspect. It can really influence. Just like negative comments can influence too. Being a missionary is not even CLOSE to easy, and all these sister missionaries could do with a little boost. It's something I've been trying to work on this week. So I invite you all to apply this concept to your lives as well - in school, or work, at home with your kids. Give praise more often:)

The Christmas season is upon us here in the Philippines and everyone's getting really excited. I hope youre all making goals to make this Christmas the best one yet and centered on the Savior:) 

I have a testimony that He lives. He loves us. And because of Him, we can find happiness in this life like non other and in the next life as well. 

Love YOU ALL!!!!

Sister Russon

No comments:

Post a Comment