Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

In the Face of Opposition

.

WHAT A WEEK!!!!!
It has been a challenging one - but as always, the more challenging something is, the more you grow. One thing I've learned on my mission that has really helped me is learning how to have the spirit even when you are faced with opposition. 

We've had several interesting experiences this week that have taught me more about this. The first one was, last Monday, I'm sitting in the lab emailing, when the man next to me looks up some anti - mormon sites and some unfavorable information about Jospeh Smith and the Church. And then, in a voice loud enough for the entire lab to hear, he asks me if this stuff is true. For example, "Is it true that Joseph Smith did...(this and this and this)" . Haha, and then he precedes to look up a video on YouTube entitled, "What the Mormon Missionaries Don't Tell You". Well, I gave him the site to the church so he could have more reliable information, and then talked to Him about the gospel. I don't even know what I said or how I said it, but I testified that I knew Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that the gospel had been restored. By the end of our conversation, this man was reading the Restoration pamphlet and committed to come to church. Haha, it's an AMAZING feeling to feel the spirit work through you. 

Another occurrence that happened this week was when we met a man while waiting for a jeepney to Tacloban. He was a man of little faith, though religious, and believed every truth needed a very logical scientific explanation. The ironic thing is, everything does have a scientific explanation, but it may not yet be to the knowledge of humankind. He pretty much told us that he would listen to us until he caught something we said that didn't add up, and he would know we were liars and only pretending to teach the truth. Again, I felt the Spirit work through me and my companion and we testified of the power of holy ghost in testifying of truth. 

I LoVEd these experiences and hope both these men one day open their hearts to the gospel. 

My heart is full of appreciation for my mission as the close approaches. It's going to be a busy week this week. I've been asked to give a training on tuesday with my companion in Zone Conference on being an extraordinary missionary. Wednesday and Thursday, we go to Ormoc for our last exchanges with the STL's. Saturday we should have a wedding for an investigator so they can get baptized next week. Sunday is my last Sunday and I'll speak in church and be singing with my companion and roommates. 

There's nothing like the mission. It's the best:)

I Love you all and I'm so excited to see you!!!

Love, Sister Russon

No comments:

Post a Comment