Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

Alofa Atu Philippines

.

The time has come!!! My mission is just about complete and I am going to miss this place and these people like home!  Philippines I love you !!

What a crazy experience a mission is. It definitely didn't go as expected, but that's a good thing because I learned more than I ever thought possible. My mission has been FULL of miracles, laughs, smiles, tears, and the most wonderful people!!!! I'm going to miss being a missionary!!!

This week was a great way to end it off. First of all, I found out that this family I taught in my last area, the husband of which I was the first to start teaching, was BAPTIZED!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! That's the best news ever. This week, we went to Ormoc on exchanges with the STLs and I got to practice more of my Cebuano;)...The language I was assigned to speak and never did, hahaha. Waray waray is the one for me;). The rest of the week was full of finishing off training Sister Aumua, packing, saying goodbye to the members, and finding some AWESOME new investigators. The next missionary assigned here is going to be so lucky!!! And THEN, on Saturday, we had a wedding!!! With member Geraldine and our investigator Christopher who will be baptized next week. President Maurer himself performed the marriage and it was a great day. It's fun that I got to start and finish my mission with a wedding:)

Sunday, yesterday, was one of the most emotional days of my mission. Cried a lot. I'm going to miss my wonderful companion - Sister Aumua, she is the best!!! Amazing Amazing!!! Just like a sister.  All four of us sisters sang in church - a combination of Bring the World His Truth and As Sisters in Zion. I could not even make it through the song I was tearing up so much. Why did we have to pick a song about missionary work! Haha, all the sweet members were crying. We took lots of pictures afterward, and then went around and said goodbye to everyone and were fed a lot haha. I LOVE Dagami!!! 

I know this gospel is true and that unexperienced peace and happiness enter into our lives when we embrace it and strive to become strong in it. I know the Church of Jesus Christ was restored and that Joseph was a true prophet of God. I know our Savior lives and that he lived perfectly so that we could know how. I know He died for us so that, if we choose, we may return to Him again. 

I'm so jealous of the missionaries still here who get to carry on this great work, for it truly is one of the most important amazing things a person could do is to be involved in the changing of a life and soul through the gospel of Jesus Christ!. 

I love you all! Excited to see you, 

Sister Russon









No comments:

Post a Comment