Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2016

I'm Back! - 1st week in Catbalogan


.
HELLO!! HELO!!!

I am back in my old zone! Catbalogan zone, except no longer in Calbayog. Now I'm right in the heart of everything. Sister Healey is my new companion and I LOVE her! I'm learning so much from her. I feel like my missionary spirit is just feeding off of her...haha weird I know, but it's true. 

This first week has been a bit rough. My comp's immune system seems to still be recovering from when she had Denge, so she's been getting all these random symptoms of whatever sickness has plagued her now. Poor thing. She's a hard worker though and we've worked as much as possible to keep the area up and progressing. We've worked hard and sweated a lot and it's great! Could'nt be happier. 

One of my favorite things so far has been seeing all these people that I actually have already met from when I was assigned in Calbayog and seeing their progression. Miracles have happened. One sister named Riza, is someone I found in April with Sister Prudencio when I was on exchanges with her here in Catbalogan. I remember that first lesson well because the spirit was strong and Riza just cried and felt it. Now, several months later, I come back and what happened?! She's an RC! A recent convert! She's a member! Woohoo!!! It's been so fun to see everyone. 

Earlier, their was even a district activity and I saw probably 20 youth and some of the leaders from my last branch in Calbayog!!! The joy:) 

One things that was a bit unexpected was that I have all of a sudden been opened up to a lot more drama than I realized their was in the mission because I am now an STL. So it's our job to know these things about the 5 companionships we are over. Haha, this calling I know is gonna teach me a lot. It's going to be WAY different than being an STL in the MTC. 

Anyways, I just want to leave off this little thought that miracles happen. They happen in our day. I'm sure there's a million I have yet to share in emails but they have happened in my mission. They happen at home, they happen all over the world. Not just in Christ's time. However, what comes first? Faith. And faith is more than just belief, it's action as well. If we are not spiritually prepared, if we aren't keeping all the commandments, or doing our part to be in tune with the spirit like praying daily and reading our scriptures, we will not receive the miracles or we'll miss them. 

Remember the purpose. As in, the eternal purpose. It's much more than just work or school. More than tv and hanging out with friends. We were all somebody before this life. There's a reason we were saved for this time and it's our job to make the most of it. 

Love you all so much!!!! As in, so much! Words cannot explain. Give eachother a hug for me;)\

Love Sister Russon

No comments:

Post a Comment